[ Click Here ] to view the latest brochure on the Water Testing Program.
Drinking water test bottles are available at the LCD throughout the year, along with forms and directions. Samples are sent to the UWSP-WEAL laboratory.
How do I know which test(s) to perform?
- This is the basic package, perform this set of tests if you are unsure of which tests to perform.
- This package includes the two most important test to perform regularly on a well (bacteria and nitrate)
Metals Package, Consider this test package if
- You have never had your well tested for arsenic
- You are experiencing problems with staining
- Previous tests indicated the presence of arsenic
- Your plumbing system has components that contain copper or lead
Once a year, tests are offered at a discounted price. Bottles for the next program will be handed out October 16-20, 2017. The samples must be taken and returned on Monday, October 23, 2017.
Dates for the 2018 Drinking Water Testing Program are July 30-Aug. 3 with a sample return date of Monday, Aug. 6.
To view the data collected by Taylor County residents over the years analyzed by UWSP WEAL, [click here], then click on “Use the Interactive Well Water Quality Viewer.” This website allows you to pick the test you are interested in, and gives results by township.
For more information on tests in each package and pricing [click here]