Location & Mailing Address:
224 South Second Street
Medford, WI 54451
Phone: 715 . 748 . 1435 Fax: 715 . 748 . 1524
Hours Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Appointments are encouraged)
Office is located on the 2nd floor of the Courthouse.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wisconsin Standard State Forms
- Wisconsin Circuit Court Access
- Check if will has been filed or an estate action has been started
- Estate Recovery Program
- IRS Form 56 – Notice Concerning Fiduciary Relationships
- Internal Revenue Service
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue
- Employer Identification Number
- Probate Statutes
- Informal Probate Booklet
- Probate Fees
- Adoption Search Forms
- Coalition of Wisconsin Aging Groups
- A Handbook for Guardians
- Power of Attorney for Healthcare and Power of Attorney for Finances
- State Bar Association Website
- Probate Offices by County
- Wisconsin Register in Probate Association
MISSION STATEMENT / DEPARTMENTAL PURPOSE
Coordinates the judicial duties and administrative functions of the Probate Court. The Register in Probate assists in the probate of all estate proceedings: Manages all formal probate files and administrative proceedings, wills filed for safekeeping, trusts, guardianships, conservatorships, protective placements, mental, alcohol and drug abuse commitment records and adoptions. The Register in Probate records all documents and proceedings in probate court. Probate Registrar handles the administration of informal probate proceedings, testate and intestate. Clerk of Juvenile Court files all documents and keeps the court records of the files pertinent to the children’s and juvenile justice code.
THE REGISTER IN PROBATE AND STAFF ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GIVE LEGAL ADVICE.
Please contact an attorney if you have legal questions or call the lawyer referral service at 1.800.362.9082.